Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a new top ten list and everyone is welcome to join.
What happens when you’ve talked about nothing but your favorite books?
You’re awesome! You don’t have anything left to talk about. So this week I’m altering the TTT topic of all time favorite books x genre and I’m giving you books with a shocking twist! The shock value is totally up to the reader’s shock meter but these books are famous for having major plot twists – or plot endings – that shocked the readers and later the audience. Two categories: then and now. Older books that are notorious for their endings and new books that I personally can’t get over the shocking twists, to this day!
- RAW by Belle Aurora // I was a total mess when I finished RAW because it pulled the unthinable – for me, at the time – and I love the way the author twists the plot at the end!
- Sex. Love. Repeat by Alessandra Torre // Two of AT books on this list because I’ve said it before, she knows how to twist the story around and this one was the first one I read and loved.
- Black Lies by Alessandra Torre // THAT. TWIST. THO.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn // Despite your feelings for Gone Girl you can’t deny the shocking twist…
- The Swan and the Jackal by J. A. Redmerski // ALL. THE. FEELS. The twist on this story came out of nowhere and it was so emotional for so many reasons! Could I be more non spoilerish?
- The Mist by Stephen King // If you haven’t read The Mist or seen the movie… a shocking twist that will make you cry and maybe through up.
Definitely through up.
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult // No words needed.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling // Not often featured in shocking twists lists but as a kid, THAT last scene had me hidding under the covers. GET OUT OF THERE HARRY DAMN YOU!
- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk // One of those twists that makes you question everything and it kind of changes the whole story.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson // I often talk about this book because I don’t feel like it’s getting the love it should get, the ending was mindblowing!
Have you read any of these books? Did they shock you? Have you read books with shocking twist that you still can’t get over?