N E W S
Well, hello! I know you’ve been wondering why I’m not posting like- oh you haven’t? You didn’t even notice that did you? This is a w k w a r d… let me get to the point, I’ve been a little less active on the blog because I’m officially crazy enough to consider doing a NaNoWriMo this year. #OfficiallyCrazy
For those of you who don’t know what NaNo is HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW it’s basically National Writing Month AKA crazy people trying to write a novel IN A MONTH. And by novel I mean the goal is 50k words. In a month. C R A Z Y. And yet here I am preparing for NaNo. And by preparing I mean just generally crying, typing a lot oh and anxiety. Those are the main ingredients of writing a novel; I would know, I’ve never done this.
why am i like this
- one work in progress
- two outlined stories and
- a very detailed idea in my head so I was super confused about what I really wanted to write during NaNoWriMo and now that I’m preparing I’m still doing a little bit of EVERYTHING.
In the last two weeks I’ve been prepping, I got a head start on my latest idea, and my WIP is almost at 50k words which is so good and I still have a lot to add.
How I am preparing:
- Cry all the time
- wondering why I am like this
- wondering what’s the point of this if we’re all gonna die anyway
- laughing at myself because no one will ever want to read words I’ve put into random order to make sentences that don’t make sense
- why am I like this tho
How I actually prepare:
Now please note that just because I’m telling you this doesn’t mean that I know what the heck I’m doing, on the contrary I know nothing about this process but I’m just mentioning what works for me.
- Find an idea good luck with that
- ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS, for real though, who are these people, what’s their goal, how does this freaking book end, how do they change during it, answer every question known to human kind
- OUTLINE TF OUTTA THIS
- delete everything
- JUST KIDDING DON’T DELETE IT MY GOD
- get lots of stuff to inspire your writing, pinterest boards, quotes, music
- don’t worry about gaps in the story and don’t stress over evey little details, it’s insane to expect flawless story flow from the first draft
- get that first draft in and then work on editing
look at me, actually trying to help people *sobs* how grown up of me. In all seriousness though I know nothing about this but what I’ve been doing so far and somehow it works, for real advice and stuff, visit their website and GOOD LUCK! If you end up participating you can follow my anxiety, I mean tweets and we can cry together.
*#NaNoWriMo email notification*
Me: NO IT'S NOT NOVEMBER YET GO AWAY
You can tell NaNo prep is going great! *sobs*
— Kei 📚 (@lovely_pages) October 19, 2017
P R E V I O U S L Y O N T H E B L O G
Flow & Grip by Kennedy Ryan // ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ A 5-star review after a looong time!
Cover Reveal: Butterfly by Cambria Hebert
The Sea King by C.L. Wilson // ⭐⭐⭐
Somebody Else’s Sky by Jessica Hawkins // ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dear Martin by Nic Stone // ⭐⭐⭐⭐ YOU NEED THIS BOOK IN YOUR LIFE
Hooking Up by Helena Hunting | Chapter One Reveal
Top Book Boyfriends | #UnrealisticBoyfriendExpectations
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng // ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Scandalous by L.J. Shen // ⭐⭐⭐
27 Hours by Tristina Wright // ⭐⭐⭐⭐
A R O U N D T H E B L O G O S P H E R E