The opposite of last week’s topic and again, these are just things like the cover, authors, genres and stuff. DNFing a book while reading it is another thing altogether.
- Road trips: One word for books with road trips, BORING!
- Colleen Hoover: I feel like I’m the only one who even notices CoHo’s insta-love? 1-2 of her books I’ve enjoyed but I’m not sure I’ll read any more.
- Kristen Ashley: KA biker romances? Absolutely ridiculous. KA paranormal? YES PLEASE!
- Blurbs with questions that spoil the plot: Will Character A and Character B find love? Obviously since it’s a romance book. Next!
- Zombies: Haven’t even watched a single Walking Dead episode but I might occasionally watch a good zombie movie like The Girl With All The Gifts but read them? Nope.
- Alpha male: Can people stop using that word?!
- Titles with CEO/Billionaire/Rockstar: 😒
- Realistic fiction: Speaking from experience, books categorized as realistic fiction are the least realistic ones to me.
- Books with the same stock pictures and bad fonts: I mean, really?
- BDSM: Make. It. Stop.
What makes you NOT want to read a book?