This week’s topic is so much fun, let me tell you about those things that will make me want to read the book ASAP!
- Books from these authors: J. M. Darhower, Tillie Cole, Elle Kennedy, Sarina Bowen, Jana Aston, Amy Harmon, J. R. Ward, L. J. Shen, Erin Watt
- Book with these tropes: enemies to lovers, mafia books (is that even a trope?), tutoring (but mostly when combined with enemies to friends trope), books that have a married couple (no love triangle in sight), books with twists
- Books from NetGalley: Literally, all the books from NG. All. Of. Them.
- Books with original content: Now I know this is a generic thing but if I read a blurb and I have never read a book like that then the chances of me getting that book are high, like ordinary people with powers. Same thing applies if I read a book with a used trope but a fresh take.
- Books with retellings/mythology/historical fiction: Vlad, Beauty and the Beast, Greek Gods, mythical creatures and historical fiction, I love them all!
- Books with pretty covers: Guilty as charged even though those books haven’t turned out to be as good as I hoped. But still, can’t resist the pretty.
- Books with Space Opera: I’ve only read a few book set in outer space with a dramatic plot and not as sci-fi as one would expect and I love them. They can be well-written and addictive.
- Books with AMAZING VILLAINS: There’s no way to know if a book has a good villainous character but once in a while comes a book with a badass one that is not cartoonish and there for the plot. I love villains and they deserve better.
- Books from bloggers I trust
- Freebies: I mean, duh!
What makes you instantly want to read a book? Any of the above?