2017 is upon us and I kind of dread the moment Goodreads will ask me to set my goal for the new reading year. I mean, I just finished it (with a few more books than planned but we all do that, set a smaller goal and then surpass it, duh!) and now I have to set a new one already. And since it’s the new year new me BS everyone does every year and yet nobody follows through with it, I decided to set my own unrealistic bookish resolutions which I will probably not follow through, again, duh!
- Read outside my genre // This one I probably will do, or at least try to do more of, since this year I did read outside my usual genres and found a lot of gems, so bring it on 2017, I will concur ALL THE GENRES!
- Don’t rate books so high // Going through my books I noticed a pattern, I either rate a book with 5 stars or 2, there were very few 4-3 stars and my 5 stars could totally be 4 stars if I hadn’t rated the book in the middle of my fangirl freak out.
- Read more standalones // This will never happen because I have a million on-going book series which will release books in 2017 so yeah, that’s already planned to fail but still I need more standalones in my life, I’m running out of patience to wait for books *eyes a lot of series*
- Don’t buy books based on their cover // HAHAHAHAHAHA THAT WAS A GOOD ONE! Next..
- Don’t request ALL THE BOOKS // I’M HILARIOUS, MOVING ON!
- Be more organized // OKAY I’LL STOP I SWEAR
- Don’t be such a failure when it comes to visiting other blogs // This might be the only thing I will actively try not to fail at, I love the bookish community and I love visiting other blogs but between RL, an endless list of books to be read, movies to be watched and series to be binge watched, I suck at browsing the amazing blogs out there, usually the Top Ten Tuesday and The Sunday Post memes are so good at helping me find new blogs and communicate with other bloggers but I need to be more out there.
- Read classics // I have a deep love for the classics, the very few I’ve read so far I’ve loved and they are actually a lot of free classics on Amazon so there’s no excuse for not reading them other than time and other books, but I want to read at least a few this year, I just got Anna Karenina on Amazon for free a few weeks ago and I’m still on the first chapter because all my NetGalley books got approved. Sigh.
- Stop re-reading so much // Not gonna happen but I do a lot of re-reading during the year, either to get back into a series before starting a new book or because I use it as a reading cleanser after an intense book or a book that disappointed me. Or when I get reading slumps. I could devote that time to reading new books, blogging etc, but I won’t feel guilty for re-reading my favorites either.
- Get more people addicted to Hamilton // That I will do, I promise, HAMILTON IS AMAZING AND EVERYONE SHOULD BE INTO IT!
*drum roll* THAT WAS FUN! I don’t know how many of these I’ll be able to do and how epic my failure will be but reading is fun and there are no dos and don’ts when it comes to it. I hope you concur your TBR this year – that is so not going to happen but a bookworm can dream, right? Here’s to another year full of books ♥